FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Welcome to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ page). Below, we have tried to answer the most common questions visitors to our Web site may have. If you find that your question is not answered on this page, please E-mail us IWSCOT@austin.twcbc.com or call us at 512-346-4011.
How do we join IWSCOT?
A membership application is available on this web site, or contact us by phone or E-mail and we will be happy to provide you with an application.
How much does it cost to join IWSCOT?
Annual Dues for Associate Members are $250.00.
Annual Dues Regular Members (0 - 100 connections) are $100.00.
Annual Dues Regular Members (101 - 450 connections) are $225.00
Annual Dues Regular Members (over 450 connections) are determined by multiplying the number of connections by $0.35.
When is the next IWSCOT Seminar?
Seminars are held three times a year: February, May and September. See the calendar page for scheduled dates.
Why should we join IWSCOT?
Regular Seminar Meetings – Three per year, usually on a Friday in Austin. Including:
- Presentations by TCEQ/PUC Staff on:
- Safe Drinking Water Act
- Monitoring & Enforcement
- Rate Issues
- Consumer assistance (Complaints)
- Operator certification
- New rules and proposed rates
- Utility Consultants, accountants, attorneys, rate consultants
- Trends at the TCEQ and PUC
- New laws and regulations
- Review of the rate making procedure
- System and service experts
- Financing of utilities
- Association with other utility owners discussing solutions to problems they encounter
- Members meet and associate with TCEQ and PUC staff
- Members have the opportunity to meet and evaluate engineers, suppliers and rate consultants who specialize in utility work
- Newsletters advising of the latest happenings in utility regulation
- A cost saving insurance program for association members